If you ran out of ideas what to cook during this summer here is an easy recipe of delicious French creamy soup made of potatoes and leek…
- 3 cups peeled, sliced potatoes
- 3 cups sliced white of leek
- 1½ quart chicken stock
- 1 cup whipping cream
- salt and white pepper (to taste)
- 3 tbsp chives (minced)
- Simmer your vegetables in the broth for 40-50 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender or through a food mill. Then pass it through a fine sieve.
- Stir in the cream and season to taste. Add a bit more salt as it loses flavor in a cold dish.
- Let it chill and serve in chilled soup cups. Decorate with chives.
Recipe by Tara Noland| https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/soups/julia-childe28099s-vichyssoise/