Indulge in a guilt-free and delicious treat with tasty and healthy organic artichoke! Not only do these veggies satisfy your taste buds, but they also provide a range of health benefits. Packed with antioxidants and essential nutrients, artichokes are a great addition to any diet. Indeed, artichokes are a great source of fiber – which promotes bowel regularity and helps maintain weight—and are full of vitamins and antioxidants that support your cardiovascular and immune systems.
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), one medium-sized organic artichoke packs nearly seven grams of fiber, about one-third of the average daily value. They also say that a medium-sized artichoke can provide almost 20% of the recommended daily values of folate and vitamin K, and around 10% of the recommended daily values of vitamin C, magnesium, manganese, and potassium.
- A lack of folate may lead to a higher risk of depression and memory problems.
- Vitamin K helps with proper blood clotting and bone formation.
- If you don’t get enough vitamin K, you may be at a greater risk of bone fractures.
- Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant and is essential for boosting immunity and producing collagen, according to the National Institutes of Health.
- Magnesium, on the other hand, fights depression, boosts learning and memory, and improves sleep. It also produces energy, improves strength and oxygen uptake, and balances electrolytes.
- Manganese is vital for producing collagen and supporting bone health, just like vitamins C and K.
- Potassium supports heart function, helps with muscle contractions, and regulates blood pressure.
- In addition to all of these benefits, artichokes are also a great source of nutrients.
Plus, with their versatile cooking options, you can enjoy them steamed, roasted, or grilled in a variety of dishes. Elevate your health and culinary game with organic tasty and healthy artichoke! You might want to snag a few of these tasty plants during your next visit to our ShiokMarket.
There are no reviews yet.