Purple Carrot Soup
- 6-8 organic purple carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: Greek yogurt, fresh herbs, croutons, etc.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped purple carrots to the pot and stir well.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes. Then, use a blender to puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the pot and stir in the ground cumin and smoked paprika. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the soup over low heat until warmed through.
- Serve the soup hot, topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt, fresh herbs, croutons, or any other toppings of your choice.
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious Purple Carrot Soup!