Grilled erinji mushrooms with asian dressing
– 2 big erinji
– 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 1 tablespoon spring onion????, chopped
For the dressing:
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1/2 tablespoon lemon???? juice
– 1/2 tablespoon water????
– 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
– 1/2 teaspoon Szechuan pepper, crushed (omit if you are not a big fan of spicy food)
1 – Wash the erinji, dry well with a kitchen paper, remove the bottom part and slice lengthwise ????(around 0.5 cm thickness).
2 – Make the dressing: mix well all the ingredients in a bowl and adjust the seasoning.
3 – Heat a skillet and cover the bottom with the oil. Grill the sliced erinji on both sides, until golden.????
4 – Serve topped with the dressing and the spring onion.
Big thanks to Hiroko for this awesome recipe.