Marinated Eggplant Salad
– 2 big eggplants
– 1 ripe tomato ????, cut in cubes
– 1/2 onion????, chopped
– 1 spring onion, chopped
– 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped ????
– 1/2 cup olive oil
– 1/4 cup of lemon???? juice
– salt ???? and pepper
– Cut the eggplants???? in sticks, place in a colander and sprinkle with salt to remove the bitterness. Leave for 15 minutes.
– Bring a pot of water ???? to boil. After 15 minutes, wash the eggplants and drain. Cook in boiling water for 3-4 minutes (the eggplants float, so mix with a wooden spoon to cook evenly) and drain in a colander until cool enough to handle
– While the eggplants are cooling, prepare the marinade: mix tomato, onion, spring onion, fresh parsley, olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
– Squeeze the excess of water from the eggplant and transfer to a container with lid. Mix with the marinade and rest in the fridge for a couple of hours, the longer it marinates, the better it will taste!
– Serve as a side, as a sandwich or on top of a crusty bread and enjoy!
Thank you Hiroko for this great recipe!