Easy Purple Beans
- 6 cups purple beans
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Wash your beans then snap the ends off of all the beans. You are taking off about 1/4-1/2 inch, depending on how long the skinny tails are. Discard the ends.
- Heat the olive oil and water a heavy bottom, large pan or dutch oven over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the green beans. Stir to coat.
- Let them sit for 5 minutes or so. You should start to hear them pop.
- When you hear some popping, stir, then cover the pot and let them cook for 5-7 more minutes.
- Uncover, check doneness (the longer they cook, they less crisp they are).
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Serve warm and try not to eat all of them as you bring them to the table.