Roasted vegetable galette
Mmmm… Add this crispy, filled with layers of delicous roasted vegetables galette to your recipe list. Making it is super easy…
For the pie pastry:
2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup 227g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup ice water
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 egg yolk plus 1 tsp milk whisked, for brushing
For the filling:
2 tbsps unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tsps red wine vinegar
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsps crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
For the veggetable layer:
1 small sweet potato peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick (you can use a combination of orange and white flesh sweet potatoes)
- 1/4 peeled butternut squash thin end, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small red beet peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small carrot regular of heirloom with different colors, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tbsps crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- To make the pie crust dough, in a food processor, pulse the flour and the salt for 2 seconds. Add the butter and pulse a few times until the butter is the size of peas. Add the water and vinegar and pulse a few more times. The dough will look like a pile of wet crumbs, it does not need to come to a ball. Remove the dough from the food processor and dump on a large piece of Saran wrap. Pick up the corners and twist tightly to make the dough form a solid ball, then press the dough into a disk. If it’s still crumbly, gently press with your palms, but do it quickly, you don’t want to melt the butter. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Position rack in the bottom third of oven, and preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, vinegar and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer the onions to a bowl, add the cream cheese, blue cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper and mix well with a fork. Set aside.
- On a lightly ﬂoured surface, roll out the pie crust dough into a 14-inch circle. Spread the onion/cheese mixture on top of the dough, leaving a 2-inch border.
- Arrange the vegetables slices in a circle over the onion/cheese mixture, alternating between different vegetables and colors. Sprinkle blue cheese and salt over vegetables. Fold excess dough up and over the vegetables.
- Brush the dough with the egg wash.
- Bake until the vegetables are tender and the crust is golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and chopped thyme.
- Remove the galette from oven, drizzle the oil/vinegar/thyme mixture over vegetables, slice and serve.
Recipe by Victor| https://cravingtasty.com/vegetable-galette/
Leave a Reply