Watermelon Radish Carpaccio
- 4 small raw organic watermelon radishes, washed and peeled
- 2 cups organic baby arugula
- 2 tbsps hazelnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- optional ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Toast the hazelnuts on a baking sheet for about 5 minutes or until they’re golden and fragrant.
Place the toasted nuts on a kitchen towel and rub them against one another until the skins come off. Roughly chop the nuts.
Slice the watermelon radishes as thinly as possible with a mandoline or a sharp knife.
Arrange the watermelon radishes on a serving plate and put some lemon juice on top. Leave it in the fridge for an hour.
Add the arugula, shaved Parmesan, and toasted hazelnuts.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep in mind that the shaved Parmesan is already salty so go easy on the salt.
When ready to serve, drizzle the dressing over the salad.