Classic Sautéed Green Beans
- 2 tbsps organic olive oil
- 1 organic shallot
- 2 organic garlic cloves
- 450 g organic green beans
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsps butter
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Cook the shallot and garlic until they become fragrant.
- Add the green beans to the pan and increase the heat to high. Saute the green beans until they are evenly marked with sear marks.
- Pour water into the pan, cover it, and steam the green beans over medium heat for about 6 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add butter and red pepper flakes. Continue sauteing the green beans until the liquid in the pan evaporates and the dish becomes dry.
- Your sauteed green beans are now ready to be served immediately.